Oh, October. Where to begin!
This month’s recipe round-up comes to you from Portland on Halloween, which is beyond exciting. I can’t believe I am actually living a dream right now!
But before I get carried away, let’s take a look at the recipes that have made October so tasty.
This is, traditionally, a great month for food. It’s when we really start to gather up ingredients and think about turning them into dinners that will sustain, nourish and warm. But still with that touch of brightness, before we head for the season of root vegetables and stews.
So the whole October has been bursting with…
Some other highlights of this excellent month have included:
- eating a lot of pumpkin;
- and an enormous vegan pizza, whist admiring this sunset;
- featuring in The Vegan Kind monthly subscription box with a Whole Ingredient recipe card;
- hearing one of my favourite writers, Tom Cox, read from his latest book;
- sharing an article about veganism on The Huffington Post; and
- heading off for a much-needed holiday. Hurrah!
I can’t wait to delve even deeper into the hearty comfort food of November… and the delights that await us in Seattle!
Have a most awesome Halloween!