As we say farewell to another month, I thought this would be a great opportunity to introduce a new monthly post series. On the last day of each month, I’ll be reviewing the recipes I’ve shared with you as well as some of the other things I’ve been up to (and eaten!).
What better way to look forward to a new month of food and adventures than a little look back on all that we’ve enjoyed in the last four weeks.
So here’s to the whole September! This month’s recipes are a definite nod to crisp skies and comfort.
September was great because:
- we celebrated our first wedding anniversary!;
- I discovered that I was awarded the runner-up prize in Peta UK’s Great Vegan Bake-Off, thank you so much for all of your votes;
- I created this delicious canapé recipe for my client, Hellas Farm;
- We enjoyed these most excellent vegan burgers from Essential Vegan in Shoreditch;
- I finally got to start wearing my brand new Nicora Shoes Sallys (which I love a lot – check out their website for sustainable, beautiful, hand-made vegan shoes);
- I found some delicious vegan cake, coffee and sandwiches on a little trip to the seaside (not forgetting meeting the fabulous residents of The Donkey Sanctuary); and
- we managed to see Jason deCaires Taylor’s temporary submerged horse sculpture in the Thames, which you can read more about here.
But what’s even better than September? October of course! I’m very excited about:
- turning leaves, cold mornings, jumpers, boots and lovely walks;
- making lots of delicious Autumnal meals and sharing them with you; and
- heading back to Portland (YES, PORTLAND!) and Seattle for two weeks, during Halloween!!
I hope you had a great September too. Stay tuned for October’s first recipe, coming up this week!