This could quite possibly be one of the simplest, guilt-free, good-for-you and tasty desserts you can make.
I’m fairly new to Chia (that’s chee-ah, not kia, if I am informed correctly), but as Mr Man so kindly brought a bag home I thought I’d get experimenting. Great sprinkled on salad; even better in a pudding. I’ve made a few flavour combinations, but so far this has been a favourite – and a great way to take advantage of the delicious Pakistani mangoes while they are available in our local shop.
These puddings take less than 5 minutes to make, but need to be refrigerated overnight. I don’t like overly-sweet fruit desserts, but if you do, 1 tbsp agave would work well.
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tsp peanut butter
- 1 mango, sliced, and the juice
- 150ml almond (or other dairy alternative) milk
- Put all of the ingredients in a bowl and stir until well-combined
- Divide the mixture into two glasses
- Cover with cling film and place in the fridge overnight